Tuesday, July 16, 2013

7/16/2013 The First MTC Message

The MTC is great! Portuguese is super hard, but it's coming! I know how to pray and bear my testimony. I will keep everyone in my prayers! Church on Sunday was great! My district and I realized right before sacrament started that it would be in Portuguese.. haha! I understood about every other word, so I could piece together what was said! I do love learning Portuguese though! It has been super frustrating at times, but it is such a beautiful language and it is coming quickly since I can already understand some things and it has only been 5 days! 
The temple is closed until Aug. 11.... We only get to go once.
My district is great! I didn't feel like I was behind after my crazy trip here.... I got here for the last half of orientation. (Elder T. was right....I felt a bit brain dead!) The start to my mission was a rocky one and a nightmare, but it has also been a learning experience. I know for sure that we are never alone!  As the many stranded people tried to find their way, the Lord provided me with the knowledge of where to go and who to call. I think one day I will laugh at that travel experience......maybe!
The Watts are the best people ever! They are super sweet! On the trip to the MTC, Bro. Watts pointed out a whole bunch of chapels and all the temples! I love the mountains! You should definitely move here! The dry air was awful the first day, but now I love it! 
Oh, I about freaked when I saw my schedule..... We have b-fast at 6:30... yes, 6:30- which means we have to get up at 6, but we still go to bed at 10:30.... I've gotten used to it now though! 
Love and miss you,
Sister Tanton

Photo: I headed straight from work to pick up my 'adopted' sister, Sarah Tanton, from the airport to drop her off at the MTC today.Photo: I headed straight from work to pick up my 'adopted' sister, Sarah Tanton, from the airport to drop her off at the MTC today.

No comments:

Post a Comment