Monday, July 29, 2013

7/23/2013: I'm a missionary, too!

I had one of "those" moments today..... Sister C. and I were writing letters in the laundry room when two elders walked by.  They were not in P-day clothes and we both thought, "Oh, look, there are the missionaries!"  We then remembered that we are missionaries, too! I had that kind of moment on Sunday at the devotional, too, when two elders walked by and I thought, "I wonder why the missionaries are here!" It is still completely surreal that I'm a missionary now, too!

For service day we cleaned and we thought we were going to have to do the bathrooms.  I got us out of that one! I told Sister T. that I just CAN'T do toilets! You know I really CAN'T!

I DO love it here!  I feel more and more like I will go to school in UT after my mission. My hair loves it, too!  It isn't even frizzy....ha ha!

The "investigator" we were teaching committed to baptism!! We were so excited even though he wasn't a real investigator! He is now our other teacher and he is great!

I broke a record in the gym yesterday!  It was the pull ups record!  I'm going to try to break the dips record this week, too.  Tell Jay!  He'll be proud! *Jay was her long time gymnastics coach.

The devotionals here are amazing!  I especially like the Tuesday night devotionals at the Marriott Center.  Our district has a devotional discussion after those. The Spirit is so strong here and I can't even begin to second guess my decision to come out when I feel how strong it is all day long!

We didn't get to go on a temple walk this Sunday because of interviews with the branch presidency, but we got to do one before emails today. It was so spiritual to do our personal study there! I think that was my best personal study thus far!

This week has been really good!  I can't believe it has been almost two weeks since I arrived. The saying that the days feel like weeks but the weeks feel like days is really true! That truly is how it feels. It hit me on the way to the temple today that new missionaries are coming in tomorrow again! It feels like yesterday was last Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment